Thursday, January 30, 2014

How I made it through Depression

Well Hello World!!

Well.... Atlanta is finally melting a bit...Lol. So as I sit here and look out of my window, I started thinking about a young lady I wanted to share with you all.

You know, you never truly know someone until you hear how they face adversities in life. I want to introduce you to an AMAZING Woman. No she's not famous, or rich, but she is smart, Authentic and desires to do more with the life she's been given. Her name is Ilonda, and I originally met her, because she followed my blog. And I noticed her immediately because of her great insight. I knew that she was special. So long story short she joined me in the course I created entitled THE I AM ME PROJECT. This course was designed for Women  to reclaim or understand who they are ,and to go into life with GOD GIVEN CONFIDENCE

So in the classes, I offer challenges and contest, and the ladies win different things, and Ilonda won the opportunity to share her story with me.. and withYOU!

So let me share her with you, and Thankyou for listening.

" Well... I'm a mother of two boys and one girl. I'm from a small town in Georgia but close to Florida. I love to help people, especially people withmental health   issues, and that's why I work in that field.My story goes like this....

I didn't always feel special, unique or worthy, and I fell into a serious depression for over five years. I felt hopeless and wasn't sure how to get out of it. I tried everything, and of course I tried going to church. That was great for a while , but I never really felt connected being there. The people that came to me to help me were the same people who judged me. I knew GOD was the key, but I just couldnt build my relationship there. 

So along my journey, I met a Woman, that shared something very simple with me, but it helped change my life. She introduced me to "THE SECRET". So I watched  it, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In my whole life, I was never told that I could dream BIG OR HAVE WHATEVER I DESIRED. I had no idea I could use my thoughts, or my feelings in such a powerful way. This opened me up to possibilities. It wasn't easy, it was a process. But I did gain my own personal relationship with God. I did seek counseling. I did go and take Parenting classes, and my life began to change. I wanted more. I now know that I am beautiful, amazing and loved. Now I want my children to know that the sky is the limit. I want anyone who suffers from depression to know you don't have to stay there. There is help, you have to step out. Have faith. I hope this encourages someone."Ilonda

This young lady shared her testimony with me. And now we're sharing it with you. She encouraged me, and she didn't even know it. I am so proud of her for being willing to share so that it may help you. We all have to overcome adversity in this life, but to come out loving, and kind is truly GODS DESIRE.

So Thankyoy Ilonda..., it's been my pleasure.

Remember guys to follow the blog... Sign up, comment and share!!

As always

Ibeauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment