Sunday, July 14, 2013

EVERY LIFE IS VALUABLE


My spirits are low right now, and this is really my first time addressing this, because I really wanted to believe that "WE" would do the right thing. As a human, I always want to trust that we will do what is right, but I understand that we live in a culture that I hate to say still does not value a young Black Life. It tears me up to know that just recently, we had the Voting Act repealed, and now we have a Young person who was just doing what I do everyday, and that is simply walking while BLACK!

For me this is not about thinking my life is more valuable than anyone else's, but it is certainly JUST AS EQUAL AS A WHITE LIFE!

I could talk on the politics of it all, I can talk from a spiritual point of view, but right now I just want everyone to understand that there is a precedent being set in our legal system. We need to get our heads out of the sand and pay attention to how our lives will be affected. We are distracted with too many things that don't serve us(me included), but we have to get engaged. WE HAVE TO WAKE UP!

We need to stop being distracted by the small things they use to take us away from the larger issues. Unfortunately, our kids are getting killed everyday, and because they don't get coverage, we don't have this type of investment in those stories. This happens everyday, and it is sad, it is hurtful, it devalues us, and our life is worth more than this!

Some will say times have changed, others will say it has not... I say LORD HELP US! I pray tonight that Trayvon's Parents and family find peace, and know that we will never forget him.

Much Love.. .

Kim.A

Trayvon Martin with Father
Subscribe if you want more inspiration, makeup and beauty tips and relationship advice

No comments:

Post a Comment