Friday, August 30, 2013

WHAT MY 90 YEAR OLD CLIENT TAUGHT ME ABOUT BEING WEALTHY!


Wow. . .It's Friday evening already, and I promised you all that I would get back with you today, so here I am!(smile). So most of you that have been following me for a while, are familiar with some of my life experience's, but for those of you who are not, let me catch you up!

When I was about 24 years old, I branched out into a World that I never thought I would ever be a part of... Now let me explain what I mean. I am a Southern girl from a small town in Alabama, where most of my community were Educators, Lawyers, Doctors, and so on, but I really never knew anyone in the arena I was about to embark on  . . The only thing I knew about "Money" was that you make it by working, and you keep it at a Bank. That was the amount of my "MONEY knowledge!(smile) 

Well, I moved to Atlanta Ga at the age of 20, and by all accounts was finding my way through the job market, and I could do anything in SALES becasue I was a people person, and I knew I could sale ANYTHING! LOL

So... one day, I was introduced to The Financial Market's by dialing the WRONG NUMBER(LOL) . Seriously! So...after speaking to a very astute, and humorous Gentleman, I found myself being asked to come to an interview, where they were looking for COMMODITIES BROKERS....WHAT?! WHAT IS THAT? I said to myself...LOL

Long story short, that day changed my life as I knew it, I started with the firm as the only BLACK FEMALE BROKER IN A SEA OF WHITE MALES! What the hell was I doing there? It must have been some kind of mistake, I often thought. But once I got over  my Fears and myself(it took about a year) I became one of the best Brokers thay had ever seen, and because of that, I had the company's top clients. Yes, my clients were Multi-millionaire's...but they were nothing like I thought they would be. You see, they all were usually Men, but they all were different. They were young, old, married, single, creative, smart, not so smart and so on. . . . so how did they become so damn WEALTHY?

Well, being that I established a relationship with my clients, that surpassed the scope of Money they took an interest in me. They knew that I was interested in learning, and they were more than happy to share with me. One of my favorite clients who I totally respected shared so much WISDOM with me, I had to take an ADVIL after our talks, because I couldn't believe being WEALTHY was so simple!

He would say...

"Kim.... you don't have to be smart to be wealthy, you don't have to even know how to speak to be wealthy..You just have to supply  something that others want , and they have to want more of it than you actually have!

 He was telling me...... TO GET WEALTHY ...THE DEMAND HAS TO BE LARGER THAN THE SUPPLY...and YOU BETTER BE THE ONE SUPPLYING!!

LOL. . .. wow. . .simple right!? I read all these books, on passion, and education and so on, and he said...

"Yes Kim, those things will make you happy, and help you find a job, and buy a home, but they wont necessarily make you RICH! Unfortunately if your passion does not meet a demand, you can starve to death. Kim...it doesn't matter what you supply, as long as people need it, it can be technical, creative, social, whatever.... stop thinking from what you have read, and listen to people who are actually wealthy...Here's 2 things he stated...

1. You must meet DEMAND(Demand has to be higher than supply if you are buying)
2. You MUST be the supplier(Supply must be lower than demand if you are buying)

Once I thought about it more and more, all of my clients that were obscenely Wealthy met demand with something that they supplied. One of my clients was wealthy from supplying Cow Manuer..Another supplying Staples. . . and so on. None of these guys were necessarily so SMART(Although I knew some that were smart).

But the lesson I learned(amongst many) was this. . . .

There are principles to becoming Rich, and Supply and Demand is one, and also to supply something that there will always be a need for! Example: toilet paper, people will always use, consume, and need more, regardless! 

That part of my life taught me more than I would have ever thought, and I thought it made sense to share. This was not something I read, these were from people I respected, and even though they were so much older, they respected  "ME" too. I guess life is funny like that.

 So I hope this gave a little insight , and who knows I may just have more to share. . . .

If your goal is to be Wealthy, understand that it is a mindset, and you have to be ready for it...any fool can get money, but if he doesn't know, or understand the principles, spiritually as well, he will lose it, and  he will never know what hit him....

So until next time

As always. . . .

I.Beauty!

Follow the Blog with google connect or by email. . ..

Follow me on Facebook for more insight, inspiration, beauty tips, and relationship advice


No comments:

Post a Comment