Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Guest Blogger AMY WARD shares a Natural Hair Product review on The Inspirational Corner


Hey Beauties and Gents!!!

Today I wanted to do it a little differently today, so I am pleased to welcome a beautiful lady to share this space. Her name is Amy Ward, and she is going to do a product review for us, on some products that are for natural hair. I have known this awesome Lady for a while, she is a Writer, Blogger, and a lover of all things beautiful... kinda like me! lol... Anyway, she is currently one of the Ladies apart of I AM ME, so this only makes sense to share her with you!  So...even though my hair is no longer natural, I did step into my "NATURAL" essence a year ago, and getting the right products to compliment my fine, curly semi textured hair was a constant struggle for me. So, if you're anything like me, you will truly appreciate this review!! Lets welcome +Amy VisionaryDiva Ward 

Enjoy Luv's!
IBeauty      

 
Product Review: Bonner Brothers Tropical Roots Growth Oil and Twist Cream.

It was 14 years ago that I decided to take the "big chop." Cutting my shoulder length permed hair, leaving my hair about three inches long and totally perm free, I began my loc journey and became a natural Diva. Back then the options for hair care products were limited to Murray's Bees Wax. The very heavy pomade came in two colors: "stain your clothes and pillow cases" black and a whitish/yellowishhue. Both were (and still are) very heavy on the hair, greasy, and seemed to attract every piece of lint floating around the universe and on top of all that took a very long time to absorb.

Now, 14 years later, thanks be to the Gods, things have changed in a major way. For us natural beauties the possibilities are endless. We now have natural hair Expo's that showcase new products, styles, and hair care essentials. Social media has been flooded with different natural hair groups welcoming and embracing Natural sistas of modern day. Magazine covers showcase celebrities for their natural hair swag and YouTube is filled with tutorials, product reviews, and design ideas.

With that said I've found that while choices are a definite good thing it can be easy to find yourself lost and confused as to what products can  actually stand up to they're label claims and what products simply don't hit the mark. I have found myself at my neighborhood beauty supply "eyeing" rows and rows of natural hair/loc products unsure of where to begin. 

Do I want a loc gel or cream? 

A deep conditioner or can I use a co-wash? 

And what on earth is a co-wash anyway?

 It all can become very overwhelming.

After some asking around I decided to give Bonner Brothers Tropical Root Twist Cream and Growth Oil a try. With climate changes and a busy work schedule I found my locs were just not holding moisture as I'd liked them to and a retwist was yelling my name when I purchased the Tropical Roots products. In deciding what brands to pick Tropical Roots stood out because of its scent. The pineapple and guava scent was so refreshing and being that both fruits contain Vitamin C and E I was even more I'moressed. After reading the list of ingredients, which included (but not limited to) Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin D, and Ginseng, I was sold.

I started with the Growth Oil which immediately gave my roots and tips an oiled feel but was not very greasy or oily. It didn't drip or run down to my neck and ears but instead stayed put and absorbed quickly. Next, I moved on to the Twist Cream. I will have to admit I was taken by surprise and even a little skeptical once I opened the jar. The cream was very light and airy til it almost felt more like a creamy moose. 

My concern was that it just wouldn't be able to give me a "lasting hold" as the label stated. As I moved through retwisting each loc I found my worries were laid to rest and quickly.  Not only did the cream hold my retwisted hair, it absorbed just as quickly as the Growth Oil had and did not leave my locs feeling bogged down with a greasy product. As an added bonus I saw that the oil and cram had aided in cutting out some of the frizz I once had at the tips of my locs. A small amount of this product most certainly goes a long way.

I've now used Tropical Roots Twisting Cream twice and both times I was able to retwist and go because of the quick absorption. The Growth Oil has served as a great rejuvenating agent in between retwists when my locs need a little pick me up. As if you didn't know this Diva is all thumbs up for Tropical Roots.

 Congratulations Bronner Brothers... You got it right!

Amy Pages of Vision Ward









Let us know your thoughts about this review, or the product. To hear more of inspiration,motivation,and beauty, please Subscribe to the blog by email.

As always....

Ibeauty! 

Confident.... Empowered... Free! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment